[Ip-health] Dr. Margaret Chan's remarks at TRIPS at 20 symposium, 28 October 2015

Mohga Kamal-Yanni mkamalyanni at Oxfam.org.uk
Wed Oct 28 13:22:48 PDT 2015

I hope WHO (who else?) can help Egypt to do so and get the products pre
qualified and thus available to other countries
Best wishes مع أطيب التحيات
___________________________________
Mohga -Dictating to the computer so please forgive silly mistakes
Mohga M Kamal-Yanni
Senior health & HIV policy advisor, Oxfam GB
John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2JY, UK (GMT, CET-1, EDT+5, EST+6)
UK Mobile   + 44 (0)777 62 55 884

Follow me @MohgaKamalYanni

From:   George Carter <fiar at verizon.net>
To:     "ip-health at lists.keionline.org" <Ip-health at lists.keionline.org>,
Mohga Kamal-Yanni <mkamalyanni at Oxfam.org.uk>
Cc:     Thiru Balasubramaniam <thiru at keionline.org>
Date:   28/10/2015 17:20
Subject:        Re: [Ip-health] Dr. Margaret Chan's remarks at TRIPS at 20
symposium, 28 October 2015

Excellent news! I hope Egypt will find a way to manufacture a single pill
of sofosbuvir and daclatasvir. That’s all people need to effect a cure,
regardless of genotype. China has API daclatasvir available and I believe
some effort is also underway in other countries (India?) to produce such a
perfect cure for Hepatitis C that EVERYONE should have as a public health
measure to eradicate a dangerous infection.

May the executives of Gilead and BMS be ultimately and soon arrested for
their crimes against humanity and their vicious and violent greed. (Yeah,
I know, snowballs in hell…or so it would seem at the moment…things
CHANGE…)
George M. Carter

<mkamalyanni at Oxfam.org.uk> wrote:

> Egypt is developing generic forms of Sovaldi
> BTW Egypt did not grant patent on the medicine.
>
> Best wishes مع أطيب التحيات
> Mohga -Dictating to the computer so please forgive silly mistakes
> Mohga M Kamal-Yanni
> Senior health & HIV policy advisor, Oxfam GB

Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.

Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
A registered charity in England and Wales (no 202918) and Scotland (SC 039042)