[Ip-health] Sutezolid campaign support

Siri Raasch siri at essentialmedicine.org
Wed Sep 2 08:30:41 PDT 2015

Hello all,

Almost 500 people representing more than 25 organizations and universities
have added their voices to the petition
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1K0tfFwbKrJxVsD%2B0SSRUE8gfLUy8YTJ>
 (http://bit.ly/1LL92YT) created by UAEM, MSF Access, TAG, and TB-CAB urging
Johns Hopkins to make sure their innovative tuberculosis treatment,
sutezolid, is affordable and accessible for all.

One of the greatest concerns UAEM has had in this process is John Hopkins
University's lack of transparency.

In order to hold them accountable our students and alumni of Johns Hopkins
will be delivering the petition signatures and letter to the office of the
university president on Thursday, September 3rd.

There are two ways for you to help amplify the voice of our students.

1) If you are in the Baltimore area, you can attend the meeting September
3rd!  Respond to kandreas at uaem.org for more details.

2) You can sign and circulate the petition
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FkbwvKFEs9tEW18SmDKdPE8gfLUy8YTJ>
 at http://bit.ly/1LL92YT

Every signature adds more power to our students' advocacy efforts.  Your
assistance could result in thousands of lives being saved.

We will be circulating a press release later today as well. Thank you for
your support!

Best.

The UAEM team