[Ip-health] MSF Recruitment: Legal Consultant
Yuanqiong.HU at geneva.msf.org
Yuanqiong.HU at geneva.msf.org
Mon Jan 11 06:39:38 PST 2016
We are recruiting a legal consultant. Please kindly find below the Terms of Reference, and help disseminate to whom might be interested in applying. Thank you very much.
Position: Legal Consultant
Report to: Director of Policy and Analysis
Starting Date: February, 2016
MSF Access Campaign
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a leading international, independent, medical, humanitarian organisation, dedicated to providing medical humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations at times of conflict or disaster. In over 60 countries worldwide, MSF provides both life-saving emergency relief and longer-term assistance to make basic healthcare services available to the most vulnerable or excluded populations.
The Access Campaign is an international project of MSF established in 1999 which aims to stimulate the use and development of innovative and affordable medical tools for MSF’s patients and people affected by preventable or treatable diseases through effective advocacy.
Objectives of the Post:
The Legal Consultant will provide technical support to the Policy and Analysis team and to other team members of the Access Campaign, at the discretion of the Director of Policy and Analysis, with a particular focus on legal issues related to intellectual property.
Scope of Work:
- Carry out thematic research and analysis on IP issues as assigned
- Provide technical support for team requests, including legal opinions, information and analysis on specific issues related to intellectual property and access to medicines
- Support technical analysis, background research and content development related to intellectual property issues within the strategic planning of MSF
- Other assignments related to IP and regulatory laws on request within the consultancy period
- Established expertise on intellectual property law and access to medicines
- Demonstrated experience with technical consultancy on an ad-hoc basis
- Ability to deliver high quality technical support and analysis on short notice
- Familiarity with a wide range of intellectual property issues especially patents, trademarks and IP enforcement related to medicines
- Understanding and support of the MSF Access Campaign mission, commitment to the public interest and the needs of people living in developing countries
The Consultant is expected to be available to provide legal support throughout 2016, with availability of at least 50 days across the duration of the year.
Application: Deadline for Application: Midnight, 31 January, 2016
Please submit the application in one file with a cover letter and CV, and quote of consultant rate, by email to: mai.do at msf.org , state ‘PA Legal Consultant’ in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
HU Yuan Qiong
Legal & Policy Advisor
Médecins Sans Frontières | Access Campaign
78 Rue de Lausanne, CH-1211 Geneve 21, Switzerland
T: +41- 022 849 8481 | M: +41- 076 228 9178 | Skype: huyuanqiong
Email: yuanqiong.hu at geneva.msf.org
Web: www.msfaccess.org | www.msf.org
More information about the Ip-health