[Ip-health] Pricing, manufacturer and marketer of Indian generic sofosbuvir and ledipasvir.

Giten Khwairakpam giten.khwairakpam at treatasia.org
Mon Jan 11 18:06:30 PST 2016

Dear Danny, yes, slowly the prices will come down for sure. It just got launched like 20 days ago so what we are seeing currently is the higher side of pricing.

At the moment, only NATCO and Hetero are the only manufacturers. The rest buys from them as end products and packages under their brand name and markets it.

This is following similar pattern of sofosbuvir where again only Hetero and NATCO manufactured and others markets under their brand names (either Gilead licensee or non-licensee). The only recent development outside of this pattern is Mylan- who produces their own for export only. For Indian sales Mylan still purchases from NATCO and sells as their MyHep.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Giten