[Ip-health] Public comment on Sen. Wyden & Sen. Grassley Gilead-HepC report

Gloria Tavera gloria.tavera at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:24:47 PST 2016

Thanks! Key points:

*"...we respectfully request thoughtful feedback that keeps in mind the
balance of investing in innovative therapies of the future, with the
broader concern of how the American people and health system will be able
to afford them: 1. What are the effects of a breakthrough, single source
innovator drug on the marketplace? 2. Do the payers in the programs have
adequate information to know the cost, patient volume and increases in
efficacy of a new treatment regimen? 3. What role does the concept of
"value" play in this debate and how should an innovative therapy's value be
represented in its price? 4. What measures might improve price transparency
for new higher-cost therapies while maintaining incentives for
manufacturers to invest in new drug development? 5. What tools exist, or
should exist, to address the impact of high cost drugs and corresponding
access restrictions, particularly on low-income populations and state
Medicaid programs? Please send all responses in PDF format to
Report_Feedback at finance.senate.gov <Report_Feedback at finance.senate.gov> by
the close of business on March 4, 2016. All submissions will be considered
part of the public record."*

In Solidarity,

Gloria