[Ip-health] ] Sign-On - We need your support - Please co-sign a letter to Chancellor Merkel on Germany’s critical financial commitment to the 5th replenishment of the GFATM by August 10

Peter Wiessner wiessner at aids-kampagne.de
Thu Jul 14 04:12:47 PDT 2016

Dear friends and colleagues,

Dear all,

Action against AIDS Germany asks you kindly to support us in our advocacy efforts by co-signing the attached letter "Germany’s critical financial commitment to the Fifth Replenishment of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria" to Chancellor Merkel.

We are a nationwide network of about 300 groups and organizations. These include local AIDS-aid groups, Protestant and Catholic churches and communities, one-world shops as well as organizations working in the field of development cooperation, humanitarian aid, HIV & AIDS, and health issues and part of the Global Fund Advocacy Network.

Germany’s contribution to the Global Fund has increased insignificantly since the replenishment conference in Berlin 2007. Action against AIDS Germany estimates the fair share of the third biggest economy among donor countries to be no less than €1.2 billion for the fifth replenishment period 2017 to 2019. We appreciate Germany’s support in the current struggle to meet the needs of those fleeing war and oppression, and believe that a significant increase of the contribution to the Global Fund will bolster the positive impact of its programmes in poor countries and challenging contexts, thus helping citizens to enjoy better health and prospects at home.

An increase to at least €300 million in 2017 and planned further increases for the replenishment period 2018 and 2019 would be an important step to reach the End of Aids till 2030. This would reflect Germany’s role as a global health champion and its willingness to adequately contribute to the end of these diseases.

The link to our extensive analysis on Germany’s Contributions for Global Health and HIV Response in the Context of the Realisation of the Millennium Development Goals is provided below. The paper is available in English and German language.

We ask for co-signatures from NGOs and organizations dealing with HIV/AIDS.  Please sign our letter with the attached link:    <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17WMzC-VKnjHE_3pICS1JPSg7lxS5ml87kwxqOAXTuZU/edit?usp=sharing_eid&invite=CIrj0L8L&ts=57865a91> Open in Forms by mentioning the name of your Organization and your Country and e-mail address. The Deadline is 10th August 2016.

The letter with your signature will be send to Chancellor Merkel at the end of August. Many thanks for your support!

Please distribute this request to your networks and sign the letter now:  <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17WMzC-VKnjHE_3pICS1JPSg7lxS5ml87kwxqOAXTuZU/edit?usp=sharing_eid&invite=CIrj0L8L&ts=57865a91> Open in Forms

Please contact us should you have any questions,

Best regards,

Peter Wiessner

PS: Should the link provided for signing-on on your device not work please send an Email with the information needed to: wiessner at aids-kampagne.de <mailto:wiessner at aids-kampagne.de>

Link to the Analysis of Germany’s Contributions for Global Health and HIV Response in the Context of the Realisation of the Millennium Development Goals:

 <http://www.aids-kampagne.de/sites/default/files/aga_mi_germany_oda_contribution_development_health_hiv_response_2000-2015_pro2020_-_final_und_richtig_formatiert_2.pdf> http://www.aids-kampagne.de/sites/default/files/aga_mi_germany_oda_contribution_development_health_hiv_response_2000-2015_pro2020_-_final_und_richtig_formatiert_2.pdf

________________________

Peter Wiessner

Referent für Advocacy und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Aktionsbündnis gegen AIDS - Action against AIDS Germany
Chausseestr. 128/129
10115 Berlin
wiessner at aids-kampagne.de <mailto:wiessner at aids-kampagne.de>
Tel: + 49 (0)30 - 27582403 -- Mobil: +49 (0)163 456 85 14 -- FAX: 030 - 27582413

www.aids-kampagne.de <http://www.aids-kampagne.de>
www.facebook.com/aidskampagne <http://www.facebook.com/aidskampagne>
www.twitter.com/aidskampagne <http://www.twitter.com/aidskampagne>

Das Aktionsbündnis gegen AIDS ist ein Netzwerk aus 300 Mitgliedsorganisationen. Ihr gemeinsames Anliegen ist eine Verbesserung des Zugangs zu HIV-Prävention, Behandlung, Betreuung und Pflege für alle bedürftigen Menschen weltweit.