[Ip-health] New DNDi Paediatric HIV Programme Update

Rachel M. Cohen rachel.cohen72 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:27:23 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) has just released an
update on our efforts, together with partners, to develop child-adapted
antiretrovirals, including progress towards our goal of developing "4-in-1"
fixed-dose combinations for infants and young children, in advance of the
International AIDS Conference in Durban, South Africa.

The update also discusses promising developments on treating children living
with both HIV and tuberculosis, including a large study with partners in
South Africa, which provides essential evidence to support WHO guidelines on
"super-boosting" ARVs to counteract the negative drug-drug interactions
between ARVs and TB drugs.

To read the update, please click here:  <http://ow.ly/9BKb302eLsq>
http://ow.ly/9BKb302eLsq

And for further information, please attend our satellite session in Durban
on Thursday, 21 July at 18:30, organized jointly the Clinton Health Access
Initiative (CHAI), UNITAID, and the National Empowerment Network of People
living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK), where we will be sharing practical
and programmatic experience - including both successes and challenges -
developing and introducing new paediatric ARV formulations (details here):
http://www.dndi.org/2016/media-centre/events/aids2016peds/

Kind regards,

Rachel

--

Rachel M. Cohen | Regional Executive Director

Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative - North America

40 Wall Street, 24th Floor | New York, NY 10005 | USA

T: +1 646 616 8683 | M: +1 646 824 3064 |  <mailto:rcohen at dndi.org>
rcohen at dndi.org | skype: rachelmcohen

Best Science for the Most Neglected |  <http://www.dndina.org>
www.dndina.org