[Ip-health] AIDS response at CODE RED -- Global Call to Action

Lotti Rutter lotti.rutter at mail.tac.org.za
Tue Jun 14 14:25:25 PDT 2016

Dear comrades,

In 2000, thousands of people from around the world marched together at the
International AIDS Conference in Durban, South Africa. The march was a
watershed moment in the global AIDS response. Sixteen years later and the
conference is returning, yet the AIDS response is waning. On *Monday 18th
July*, once again, we will take to the streets of Durban. We are not
heading toward an “end to AIDS”, unless there is a change in the current
trajectory of the response. Instead, what we see on the ground is that the
AIDS response is unravelling.

*The global AIDS response is at CODE RED. **Read our call to action here.
<http://tac.org.za/sites/default/files/campaigns//file-uploads/Durban%20Call%20to%20Action.pdf>*

*1. ENDORSE:* Join us. If you are tired of endless rhetoric that is
unaccompanied by serious action then make your organisation's voice heard
by endorsing this call to action today, and coming out to the march July
18. Your organisation can sign on here <http://bit.ly/1UrEvFk>.

*2. DISCUSS:* Join our global activist telecon on Wednesday, June 22 at 9am
EST// 3pm SAST to share plans, coordinate activities and discuss ways to
demand a new era in the AIDS response at the AIDS conference in Durban.

*3. CONTRIBUTE:* On Monday 18th July more than 5000 people will take to the
streets. Local mobilisation is already taking place across KwaZulu-Natal,
the province the conference is taking place in, to educate and organise
comrades and community members to attend. We still have a ZAR 500,000
(about US$ 32,000) deficit to make this happen. Can your organisation help
by making a contribution? Everything helps. If yes, you can find more
details here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13w8ov22V38MfelodAu3lCUHtlkCY7SS5twAT1rHH468/viewform?c=0&w=1>
or
alternatively contact us directly.

For more information please contact: *durban at tac.org.za <durban at tac.org.za>*

Yours in the struggle,

Anele Yawa
General Secretary
*Treatment Action Campaign (TAC)*

Asia Russell
Executive Director
*Health Global Access Project (Health GAP)*

Mark Heywood
Executive Director
*SECTION27*