[Ip-health] The NIH

George Carter gmcfiar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:36:17 PDT 2016

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Paul Davis <pdavisx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The next POTUS needs to 1) appoint a new director, and 2) issue clear instructions correcting these violations of public interest and neglect of responsibility.
>
> NIH is not fulfilling it’s function is to advance health science for public good. It is instead operating as corporate welfare for big pharma.

Nonsense, Paul! Of course it cares about the public good.
If you narrowly define “public” as pharma CEOs who brazenly fiscally rape public (and private) funds to enrich themselves lavishly, no matter how many are harmed or die. You know like Milligan, Martin, Alton and the other executive class slime at Gilead, as but one example.

The only way we’ll break them is to start getting more people on things like Darvoni, actually a better combo of sofosbuvir and daclatasvir (pangenotypic) at around $400 (I think?) for a 12-week course. Getting lots of people hooked up that way.

We just have to start getting the generics in. Co-pays are almost as much most of the time, anyway. They’ve crafted law and perverted public institutions long enough in the service of these genoicdal profiteers. Time to bypass them entirely and get patients the help they need, the world over.
George M. Carter