[Ip-health] KEI Conference Call on NIH Policy, Next Wednesday (6/30), 11:30AM

Zack Struver zack.struver at keionline.org
Thu Jun 23 12:07:20 PDT 2016

Knowledge Ecology International will host a conference call next Wednesday,
June 30th, at 11:30AM, to discuss the NIH's intellectual property policies
as they relate to government-funded or owned inventions, amongst other
issues involving the NIH. In particular, we'll discuss KEI's petition for
the NIH to use its march-in rights or royalty-free license on the patents
on Xtandi, NIH policy in regards to the grant of exclusive licenses on
government-owned inventions, and transparency.

Speakers from KEI, Public Citizen, and Universities Allied for Essential
Medicines (UAEM) will make short presentations. We may add other speakers,
including academics and representatives from Astellas or Mediviation, as we
receive confirmation. There will also be ample opportunity for participants
to ask questions.

Please let me know by email if you are interested in participating. I will
send call-in details to participants as the call approaches.

--
Zack Struver, Communications and Research Associate
Knowledge Ecology International
zack.struver at keionline.org
Twitter: @zstruver <https://twitter.com/zstruver>
Office: +1 (202) 332-2670 Cell: +1 (914) 582-1428
keionline.org