[Ip-health] India - Cabinet approves National Intellectual Property Rights Policy

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Sat May 14 08:48:25 PDT 2016

> On May 14, 2016, at 10:47 AM, Michael H Davis <m.davis at csuohio.edu> wrote:
>
> India should first survey the literature and decide whether ip actually produces any social good. It won't find any good studies that say so. So why pass this, why increase ip, and why increase enforcement of a socially harmful phenomenon?

Money. Threats by the belligerent bastard, USTR Froman and the government. Modi’s obsequious greed; he probably thinks he can play it both ways and make more money, even while screwing his own country’s generics industry.

Utter indifference to the sick because power and money, kowtowing and cruelty are what define our species as we head rapidly toward self-inflicted extinction.
George M. Carter