[Ip-health] Trump and Prescription Drug Prices

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Wed Nov 16 23:41:19 PST 2016

Relevant is this from his campaign:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/trump-backs-medicare-negotiating-drug-prices-218215

on, N.H., that Medicare, a huge buyer of prescription drugs, could "save
$300 billion" a year if it negotiated discounts.

"We don't do it," he said. "Why? Because of the drug companies."

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Matthew Flynn <matthewflynn2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Donald Trump and his congressional allies are making big plans to repeal
> the Affordable Care Act and overhaul other government health programs.
>
> But the president-elect appears to have downgraded plans to act
> aggressively to control rising drug prices, handing the pharmaceutical
> industry an early victory and providing another illustration of the
> influence of lobbyists on the new Trump administration, despite Trump’s
> promise to “drain the swamp” of special interests in Washington."
>
> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-trump-drug-
> prices-20161115-story.html?platform=hootsuite

http://www.keionline.org/donate.html
+41.76.413.6584, twitter.com/jamie_love