[Ip-health] Trump and Prescription Drug Prices

PERFECT, Chase cperfect at coalitionplus.org
Sun Nov 20 11:53:34 PST 2016

To give some context to the Medicare B and D spending figure that Jamie
cited (of $162 Billion), that would be more than the combined pharma
expenditures of the top 5 Euro markets. According to IMS,
Germany/UK/Italy/France/Spain accounted for approximately $144 Billion of
sales in 2015. Regardless of whether part of the Medicare figure is a mix
of OPP and federal payments or not, the resulting transfer of wealth from
the public's pockets to pharma coffers is effectively the same.