[Ip-health] Executive Education Workshops on Economic Governance and Global Justice

Carmen Nicole smithc at newschool.edu
Fri Nov 25 08:58:54 PST 2016

Starting in January 2017 the New School’s Graduate Program in International
Affairs is introducing short, intensive workshops for *activists,
journalists, negotiators and students *interested in global economic
governance. The classes are held mostly on Wednesday evenings or Saturdays
combined with some on-line sessions and are focused on topics under current
debate.  They are open for one credit to degree students at The New School
but also to a non-credit public.  They aim to demystify the complex
arguments made on different sides of controversies by introducing key
economic, legal and other issues at hand. Each workshop is taught by an
individual who is engaged with the current debates and are at the cutting
edge of alternative analyses.

Three workshops will be offered:

·      Business & Human Rights: why voluntary mechanisms are not enough to
enforce labor standards

·      Private Public Partnerships for Development: potential and pitfalls

·      Bilateral and Regional Trade Agreements and Health Equity: Trans
Pacific Partnerships and Intellectual Property Rights

For more information on the contents, fees and application process, please
review our brochure and visit our website: Newschool.edu/econgovernance

http://www.newschool.edu/economic-governance-global-justice-workshops-sgpia/

You may be interested in these workshops yourself, or as training
opportunities for your colleagues. And we would be grateful if you could
please help us spread the word through your networks.  Applications open on
December 8, 2016.

Please forward the attached brochure to colleagues you think might be
interested, or, direct them to the program’s website:

Please direct any queries to workshopssgpia at newschool.edu