[Ip-health] Job posting -- ICCR Program Director, Health Equity
jzinner at iccr.org
Fri Oct 14 13:17:49 PDT 2016
Please see the attached. Sorry for any cross-posting.
ICCR Program Director - Health Equity
Founded 45 years ago, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) is a pioneer coalition of over 300 investors representing faith-based communities, socially responsible asset managers, labor unions, and others who leverage their investments to hold corporations accountable for the social and environmental impacts of their operations. ICCR is a non-profit organization whose members work in coalition to engage the world's largest corporations on a range of social and environmental issues that impact communities in the U.S. and globally, including global and domestic health; labor and human rights issues in global supply chains; climate change; food justice; sustainable water policies; and corporate influence via lobbying and political spending. ICCR members have a long history of engaging companies on access to medicines and health.
Summary of Position: This individual is responsible for strategic development, planning, tactical coordination and evaluation of a broad range of investor actions intended to influence corporate behavior on issues related to global and domestic health. ICCR Program Directors provide broad-based leadership across emerging priority issues and strategic support for shareholder engagement with corporations.
Individuals in this role will:
* Oversee and coordinate ICCR's programs on global and domestic health.
* Provide leadership, expertise, and strategic direction to help develop and implement coalition members' shareholder engagement strategies related to global and domestic health.
* Support member dialogues with corporations, including companies in pharmaceutical, health insurance, and other sectors, on a range of issues related to global and domestic health, including access to medicines, public health driven innovation, and access and affordability of health care.
* Coordinate research activities and writing in the shareholder resolution process.
* Develop working partnerships with key partners in the field.
* Develop evaluation methodologies to monitor and assess progress of shareholder engagement.
* Convene multi-stakeholder roundtables and other strategic sessions and represent ICCR at public forums and conferences.
* Engage with the media, and work with communications and website staff to advance strategic priorities.
* Engage with policy-makers to advance policy priorities of the coalition.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
* Expertise in public health, health policy, access to medicines, or related field.
* Advanced degree in public health, law, public policy or related field highly preferred; bachelor degree with equivalent work experience will be considered.
* A minimum of five years' advocacy experience in public health; access to medicines; business and human rights; private sector engagement; and/or related field.
* Capacity to organize and lead a dynamic, broad-based advocacy coalition.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a small, vibrant non-profit office environment.
Salary and Benefits:
It is the policy of ICCR to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. This policy is intended to reflect the values and ideals of ICCR's members and to help ICCR itself model the equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action practices that its members urge corporations to adopt.
This is a full-time union position. ICCR provides full benefits, including a generous pension, health and dental insurance. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lorraine Rolston at ExecutiveSearch at iccr.org<mailto:ExecutiveSearch at iccr.org>
The deadline for applications is November 30, 2016.
Chief Executive Officer
Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1842/ New York, NY 10115-0050
Office: 212-870-2294/Fax: 212-870-2023
jzinner at iccr.org<mailto:jzinner at iccr.org> / www.iccr.org<http://www.iccr.org/>
Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/InterfaithCenteronCorporateResponsibility?sk=photos#!/InterfaithCenteronCorporateResponsibility?sk=wall> and on Twitter<https://twitter.com/ICCRonline>
More information about the Ip-health