[Ip-health] Differences between the march-in, royalty free right, and government use options | Knowledge Ecology International

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Thu Sep 22 14:01:14 PDT 2016

I wanted to post a brief note about three separate mechanism to overcome
patent monopolies in current US law. All are useful, in the right context,
and all have some limits.

​These are the notes.  I might expand or revise them at some point, but I'm
happy to share this now.   I am doing this because people are talking about
these 3 different mechanisms in the discussions over ways to curb high drug
prices, and I wanted to clarify a few things.

http://keionline.org/node/2633