[Ip-health] Fwd: Access to medicines - drafting Wikipedia page

Mohga Kamal-Yanni mkamalyanni at Oxfam.org.uk
Tue Feb 7 14:22:32 PST 2017

Do not forget Bitter Pill. The British book (1980s) not the US one which
has the same name!

Best wishes for a sane, just  and peaceful 2017 مع أطيب التمنيات لعالم
أكثر عقلا’ وعدلآ وسلامأ
____________________________
Mohga dictating to the computer so please ignore silly mistakes
Mohga Kamal-Yanni
Senior health & HIV policy advisor, Oxfam GB
Editor of www.globalhealthcheck.org
John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2JY, UK (GMT, CET-1, EDT+5, EST+6)
UK Mobile   + 44 (0)777 62 55 884
Follow me @MohgaKamalYanni

From:   Philippa Saunders <edp at gn.apc.org>
To:     Aidan Hollis <ahollis at ucalgary.ca>
Cc:     IP-health listserve <ip-health at lists.keionline.org>, Steve Morgan
<steve.morgan at ubc.ca>
Date:   07/02/2017 18:06
Subject:        Re: [Ip-health] Fwd: Access to medicines - drafting
Wikipedia page
Sent by:        "Ip-health" <ip-health-bounces at lists.keionline.org>

I, too, like this idea, but it will not be easy to pull off.

As your outline note suggests, it would be a pity to miss out something
explanatory about the initial essential meds/rational use concepts and the
historical who's, where's and why's - we stand on the shoulders of giants.

Because current problems are so profound and so intractable we should not
forget just what a free-for-all nightmare the world of access to medicines
was.

Philippa Saunders

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Aidan Hollis <ahollis at ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Morgan, Steve" <steve.morgan at UBC.CA<mailto:steve.morgan at UBC.CA>>
> Subject: Access to medicines - drafting Wikipedia page
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m writing to ask if anyone has interest in helping to create a
Wikipedia