[Ip-health] NAFTA negotiating objectives released by USTR | Knowledge Ecology International

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Mon Jul 17 15:15:15 PDT 2017

https://www.keionline.org/node/2835

This afternoon USTR published a summary of the negotiating objectives for
NAFTA. A press release is here. The summary report is here.

The intellectual property objectives include this very welcome statement:

Respect the Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health, adopted
by the World Trade Organization at the Fourth Ministerial Conference at
Doha, Qatar on November 14, 2001, and to ensure that trade agreements
foster innovation and promote access to medicines.

I've been tweeting some of my initial reactions to the text.

http://twitter.com/jamie_love