[Ip-health] The Roadmap Special Edition Report on Dolutegravir

Priti Krishtel priti at i-mak.org
Thu Jun 22 06:56:26 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I-MAK is excited to share our recent publication, the Roadmap Special
Edition Report on Dolutegravir (DTG) available here at http://www.i-mak.org/
roadmap/.

We created The Roadmap: The HIV Drug Pipeline and its Patents in August
2013, which summarized the key clinical, cost, and patent information
around important ARVs in the pipeline. To date, stakeholders around the
world report that The Roadmap has been used to inform decisions about
whether patents should be granted on key ARVs, including by select local
patent offices to assist their examination/raise awareness of the need for
stronger examination of these patents.

Since The Roadmap was published, the need to provide safe, effective,
tolerable, and affordable HIV treatment has grown more important than ever.
In order to provide key information updates for prioritized ARVs, I-MAK
created this Roadmap Special Edition Report on DTG on dolutegravir (DTG), a
second-generation, best in class HIV integrase strand transfer inhibitor
that greatly improves upon drugs in its class and is highly suitable for
large treatment programs in low- and middle-income countries.

Our aim is to equip stakeholders with current clinical, cost, and patent
information to inform decision-making about the best strategies to expand
currently limited access to DTG.  This report therefore expands on the
information provided in the original Roadmap.  We recognize that excellent
work has been done to publish information on DTG, and in this report
consolidated the existing data from dozens of sources, supplementing it
with  additional patent related information that has become available since
the publication of the original Roadmap.

We sincerely hope that it is useful to you, and ask that you share any
feedback you have on what you found helpful, what additional information
you would like included, or what was confusing/not helpful by taking this
brief survey (https://goo.gl/forms/YmFJ11LvkBh8aeil1, also linked at the
end of the report). As always, feel free to reach out to us with any
questions.

Best,

Martine Holston
Project Manager
Initiative for Medicines, Access & Knowledge (I-MAK)
Website: www.i-mak.org
Email: martine at i-mak.org
Skype: martine.holston
Tel: +1 7073188994 <(707)%20318-8994>