[Ip-health] Job Posting - ICCR Program Director - Health Equity
jzinner at iccr.org
Tue Oct 3 06:29:31 PDT 2017
All- Please see below a job posting for a Program Director at the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility to lead ICCR's shareholder engagement and advocacy on global and domestic health, including access to medicines, access and affordability of health care, and emerging public health issues. Please forward to your networks.
Program Director - Health Equity
Founded 46 years ago, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) is a pioneer coalition of over 300 active investors representing faith-based communities, socially responsible asset managers, labor unions, and others who leverage their investments to hold corporations accountable and promote more just and sustainable corporate practices.
ICCR is a non-profit organization whose members work in coalition to engage the world's largest corporations on a range of social and environmental issues impacting communities in the U.S. and globally, including access to medicines and affordable health care; labor and human rights issues in global supply chains; climate change; food justice; sustainable water policies; and corporate influence via lobbying and political spending. ICCR members have a long history of engaging companies on issues related to global and domestic health.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Summary of Position: The Program Director - Health Equity will be responsible for leadership of ICCR's shareholder engagement and advocacy on global and domestic health issues. This is an NYC-based position.
Specifically, the Program Director will:
* Provide leadership, expertise, and strategic direction to help develop and implement coalition members' shareholder engagement strategies with corporations.
* Support member engagements with corporations, including companies in the pharmaceutical, health insurance, food and beverage, and other sectors, around access to medicines, access and affordability of health care, and emerging public health issues.
* Coordinate research activities and assist members in drafting a variety of documents including shareholder resolutions, reports, and advocacy letters.
* Develop strong working partnerships with key allies in the field.
* Convene multi-stakeholder roundtables and other strategic sessions.
* Represent ICCR at public forums and conferences.
* Engage with the media, and work with communications and website staff to advance strategic priorities.
* Engage with policy-makers to advance policy priorities.
* Expertise in global health, public health, health policy, access to medicines, or related field.
* Advanced degree in global health, public health, law, public policy or related field highly preferred; bachelor degree with equivalent work experience will be considered.
* A minimum of five years' advocacy experience in global health; public health; access to medicines; business and human rights; private sector engagement; and/or related field.
* Capacity to organize and lead a dynamic, broad-based advocacy coalition.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a small, vibrant non-profit office environment.
Salary and Benefits:
It is the policy of ICCR to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. This policy is intended to reflect the values and ideals of ICCR's members and to help ICCR itself model the equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action practices that its members urge corporations to adopt.
ICCR provides generous benefits, including a pension, health and dental insurance. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Josh Zinner at jobs at iccr.org<mailto:jobs at iccr.org>
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2017.
Chief Executive Officer
Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1842/ New York, NY 10115-0050
Office: 212-870-2294/Fax: 212-870-2023
jzinner at iccr.org<mailto:jzinner at iccr.org> / www.iccr.org<http://www.iccr.org/>
Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/InterfaithCenteronCorporateResponsibility?sk=photos#!/InterfaithCenteronCorporateResponsibility?sk=wall> and on Twitter<https://twitter.com/ICCRonline>
More information about the Ip-health