[Ip-health] Oil States v. Greene’s Energy Group

Priti Krishtel priti at i-mak.org
Tue Oct 17 13:52:49 PDT 2017

IN THE COURTS

*FIRST IN PULSE: Under-the-radar SCOTUS patent case could have big
implications for drug prices, access. *That's according to the Initiative
for Medicines, Access, & Knowledge (I-MAK), which is out with a new paper
on a constitutional challenge to the Patent Trial and Appeals Board. The
group says that the board, known as the PTAB, is essential.

"The Supreme Court's decision on whether the PTAB can continue to review
and appropriately invalidate unmerited patents is a critical upcoming
decision that will have long-term impact on drug prices," the group writes.
"Unmerited patents result in higher drug prices, keeping lifesaving
medicines out of reach of people who need them." Read the policy brief
<http://go.politicoemail.com/?qs=63b6cdde28cfea5a8b582d22caa2881ca015928de6589956ad6d96e1bfe9eb61b703a544d129211df2145d24ff0a3d349f0130ef617a5117>
 here:

--
*Priti Radha Krishtel*
Co-Founder and Director of Treatment Access