[Ip-health] Fwd: Invitation: US Dept of Health and Human Services WHA Listening Session

James Love james.love at keionline.org
Thu Apr 26 06:52:11 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: OGA RSVP (HHS/OS/OGA) <OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov>
Date: Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 9:45 AM
Subject: Invitation: US Dept of Health and Human Services WHA Listening
Session
To: "OGA RSVP (HHS/OS/OGA)" <OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov>

*PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THROUGH YOUR NETWORKS*
Dear Colleague,

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)—charged with leading
the U.S. delegation to the 71st World Health Assembly—will hold an informal
Stakeholder Listening Session on *Friday, May 11, 3:00 – 4:30 PM*, in the
HHS Hubert H. Humphrey Building Auditorium located at 200 Independence Ave,
SW
<https://maps.google.com/?q=200+Independence+Ave,+SW&entry=gmail&source=g>.

The Stakeholder Listening Session will help the HHS Office of Global
Affairs prepare for the World Health Assembly by taking full advantage of
the knowledge, ideas, feedback, and suggestions from all individuals
interested in and affected by agenda items to be discussed at the 71st
World Health Assembly. Your input will contribute to U.S. positions as we
negotiate these important health topics with our international colleagues.

The listening session will be organized around the interests and
perspectives of individuals familiar with the following topics and groups:
•       Public health and advocacy activities;
•       State, local, and Tribal issues;
•       Private industry;
•       Minority health organizations; and
•       Academic and scientific organizations.

It will allow public comment on all agenda items to be discussed at the
71st World Health Assembly. This invitation will also be posted in the
Federal Register and on hhs.gov/global.

RSVP:
Due to security restrictions for entry into the HHS Building, RSVPs for
this event are required. Please send your full name and organization to
OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please note this in the
subject line of your RSVP, and our office will contact you to gain
additional biographical information for your clearance. Photo
identification for all attendees is required for building access without
exception. *Please RSVP no later than Monday, April 7, 2018. Should you not
have a Federal ID or be a U.S. citizen, we require your RSVP no later than
Thursday, May 3, 2018 to allow time for security processes*.

Written comments are welcome and encouraged, even if you are planning on
attending in person. Please send these to the same email address:
OGA.RSVP at hhs.gov.

Feel free to share this invitation with your networks. We look forward to
hearing your comments relative to the 71st World Health Assembly agenda
items.

Thank you,
The Office of Global Affairs

http://www.keionline.org/donate.html