[Ip-health] good, bad and ugly of Trump's proposed rx measures

Steven Knievel sknievel at citizen.org
Mon Feb 19 08:48:36 PST 2018

Hello,

I wanted to share with you all the analysis we have compiled on the drug pricing measures included in the Trump Administration's FY19 budget released last week: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the Trump Administration's Drug Pricing Measures from its FY 2019 Budget Proposal.

https://www.citizen.org/sites/default/files/good-bad-ugly-trump-fy19-budget-prescription-drug-pricing.pdf

Our analysis breaks down where the Trump Administration budget includes some limited positive proposals, where it falls short by failing to target the root causes of high U.S. drug prices and foregoing the most effective and obvious reforms, and the ugly side of how the Administration's "America First" rhetoric manifests itself in the drug pricing space.

I hope you find this useful and informative. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or for discussion.

Best,
Steve

Steven Knievel
Access to Medicines Advocate
Public Citizen | Protecting Health, Safety and Democracy
TEL: +1 202-588-7769
1600 20th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009
Twitter: @PCMedsAccess

Public Citizen Foundation participates in the Combined Federal Campaign with the CFC Code 11168.