[Ip-health] Policy Advisor with ReAct - Action on Antibiotic Resistance

Helle Aagaard helle.aagaard at medsci.uu.se
Tue Feb 20 07:26:59 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,
ReAct - Action on Antibiotic Resistance is a hiring a Policy Advisor to further strengthen our team in Uppsala, Sweden, as soon as possible.Please see job description below and follow this link to apply: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=193647
You can read more about ReAct here<http://www.reactgroup.org> (and note that it is possible to live in Stockholm and commute to Uppsala).
Feel free to distribute this email in your respective networks and please get in touch with me for any questions you may have.
Best wishes,

Helle Aagaard
Policy Advisor
ReAct - Action on Antibiotic Resistance
Uppsala University, Box 256, 751 05 Uppsala, Sweden

Phone: +46 (0)70 232 73 60
Website: www.reactgroup.org<x-msg://151/www.reactgroup.org>
Facebook: /reactgroup<https://www.facebook.com/reactgroup/> Twitter: @reactgroup<x-msg://31/@reactgrouphttps:/twitter.com/reactgroup>

———————————————————————————————
Policy Advisor(s), ReAct Europe

ReAct - Action on Antibiotic Resistance

ReAct (www.reactgroup.org<http://www.reactgroup.org>) is an international network dedicated to the fight against antibiotic resistance (ABR). Set up in 2005, ReAct is active on five continents, and works to raise awareness for the problem of ABR and to identify political and technical solutions. ReAct works with a broad range of stakeholders, including international organizations, governments and civil society organizations to limit the effects of ABR.

ReAct Europe is located at Uppsala University and is currently looking for Policy advisors. The position(s) will be based in Uppsala, Sweden, but the work involves projects with international organizations and projects with ReAct’s network partners, located in the US, Africa, Asia and Latin America. More than one applicant may be selected.

Work description

As Policy Advisor you will work on activities aligned with current ReAct’s priorities, and coordinate these with the rest of the network.

Main responsibilities

  *   Follow the international policy debate on antibiotics resistance and help formulate strategies for ReAct’s engagement together with ReAct’s Strategic Policy team and our regional nodes.
  *   Conduct analysis of relevant policy documents and produce position papers for ReAct based on our mission and vision, experiences from our nodes (and ensure the quality from a medical perspective)
  *   Work with the scientific team to translate the latest scientific evidence to policy recommendations.
  *   Represent ReAct at external meetings, engage in advocacy activities towards governments, international technical agencies, nongovernmental organizations and professional societies as well as with media.
  *   Support the development of policy and advocacy work in the regional nodes.
  *   Support annual work planning, development of long-term strategic plans and fundraising for ReAct Europe and the whole ReAct network.

As ReAct is a flat organization and has a small core team, the work may occasionally also include some administrative tasks, e.g. booking travel and helping with meeting arrangements.

We are passionate and dedicated to the issue and we are looking for people that share our values, hence a big emphasis will be on personal suitability.

Profile requirements

Essential

  *   Experience working in field antibiotic resistance and having a clear understanding of the current policy debate and the actors involved in the field of antibiotic resistance.
  *   A strong technical understanding of antibiotic resistance and its drivers
  *   Professional degree (minimum Master’s level) in medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, global health, political science or other relevant areas;
  *   5+ years of relevant professional experience;
  *   High-level proficiency in English (both oral and written).
  *   Excellent cultural understanding and experience working in and/or with actors based in low- and middle-income countries;
  *   Ability to work in a decentralized team;
  *   Flexibility and ability to function well under pressure and independently;
  *   Demonstrated experience in communication, both oral and written, such as; presenting to public audiences, publications in peer-reviewed journals, policy reports or debate articles.
  *   Ability to travel;

Desired

  *   Professional experience working in the international public sector (e.g. WHO, other UN organisations or with international civil society organisation etc.);
  *   Knowledge of other languages, especially Spanish and Swedish, is a clear advantage;
  *   Experience liaising with members of governments, NGOs, and/or multilateral organizations such as WHO;

We prefer applications in English.

Uppsala University values the qualities that even gender distribution and diversity add to the business. We therefore look forward to searching for all sexes and with different birth background, functionality and life experience.

Pay: Individual salary

Starting: As soon as possible

Form of employment: The position(s) are permanent, with a 6-month probationary period.

Working hours: Full-time

For further information about the position please contact: Anna Zorzet, Head of ReAct Europe, 018-471 66 76,  anna.zorzet at medsci.uu.se<mailto:anna.zorzet at medsci.uu.se>

Please submit your application by 8 March 2018, UFV-PA 2018/542

We decline offers of recruitment and advertising help. We only accept the application the way described in the advertisement.

Placement: Department of Medical Sciences

Type of employment: Full time , Permanent position

Number of positions: 1

Working hours: 100%

Town: Uppsala

County: Uppsala län

Country: Sweden

Union representative: Ellena Papaioannou, Seko 018-471 3315
Suzanne Borén Andersson, TCO/ST 018-471 6251
Per Sundman, Saco-rådet 018-471 1485

Number of reference: UFV-PA 2018/542

Last application date: 2018-03-08

/Ends