[Ip-health] Urgent: Sign on Letter to ViiV on ARVs for kids! Need organisational sign ons by end of day Wednesday

Shailly GUPTA Shailly.GUPTA at geneva.msf.org
Tue Jul 17 06:25:26 PDT 2018

Dear All,

As the International AIDS Conference is around the corner, we will take the opportunity to put pressure on Viiv regarding the lack of access to pediatric dolutegravir(DTG).   There are too many delays and excuses - now Viiv needs to take action.

Access to dolutegravir for children living with HIV is critical to provide improved and optimal treatment options for children who often suffer from side effects and difficulty adhering to other regimens. Both the WHO's paediatric antiretroviral drug optimization (PADO) group and the Paediatric HIV Treatment Initiative (PHTI) have indicated dolutegravir as a priority ARV and that access should be accelerated for children.

Viiv has barely even  started to register peds formulations of dolutegravir in Lower Middle Income Countries (filed in 3 in sub-Saharan Africa, registered in Brazil, Turkey and Israel), and for countries where they are not registered, they do not allow procurement.  For the youngest kids, the dosing info is still pending, and they have not even filed to register their 5 mg dispersible tablet in any country - and all of this despite their public commitments to allowing access to dolutegravir for peds.

Please see the attached letter for more details, for sign-on by organizations / institutions only please.  We will send the letter to Viiv on Friday, so please let us know if your organization will sign-on to this request by end of the day tomorrow (Wed July 18).  We hope it won't be a difficult decision for groups to take to sign on to a letter on access to peds ARVs!

Please reply to Jessica Burry (Jessica.burry at geneva.msf.org<mailto:Jessica.burry at geneva.msf.org>) and Allyson  Stieber (HTB-AccessIntern at newyork.msf.org<mailto:HTB-AccessIntern at newyork.msf.org>),

Thanks!

Best regards

MSF Access Campaign

Shailly Gupta