[Ip-health] Juxtapid prices, reimbursement status

Melissa Barber melissajoybarber at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:59:39 PDT 2018

As of March of last year, prices in the UK were:

Lojuxta (Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Ltd)

   - Lomitapide 5 mg Lojuxta 5mg capsules | 28 capsule P £17,765.00
   - Lomitapide 10 mg Lojuxta 10mg capsules | 28 capsule P £17,765.00
   - Lomitapide 20 mg Lojuxta 20mg capsules | 28 capsule P £17,765.00

For France:
Using the queries Lomitapide/Lojuxta/Juxtapid, the database says the search
does not match any currently reimbursed drug, but that doesn't necessarily
exclude other avenues of availability.  ( <goog_591848355>
http://medicprix.sante.gouv.fr/medicprix/rechercheSpecialite.do?parameter=rechercheSpecialite_
<http://medicprix.sante.gouv.fr/medicprix/rechercheSpecialite.do?parameter=rechercheSpecialite_>

It is not available in South Africa in the public or private sectors.

warmly,
Melissa