[Ip-health] Xtandi prices

Joseph Fortunak jfortunak at comcast.net
Fri May 18 02:25:45 PDT 2018

Dear Jamie,

I’m only putting sending as an aside to your real discussion, but the API pricing of Xtandi (enzalutamide) may be of interest to some of your many followers.  Pharma Compass is freely available online at: https://www.pharmacompass.com/.   It lists transactions up to November, 2016 when the Indian Government stopped releasing this data publicly (updated information is now available on DataMyne at about $5,000/year).

Those transactions showed slightly more than 43 kg of enzalutamide API entering the US, with an average sale price of $13,460/kg.  Other countries were somewhat lower, with a lowest price average of about $6,000/kg.  Enzalutamide is given as a 160 mg/day dose according to the label.  Thus, presuming a patient took enzalutamide every day for a year, the API value of this would be = $783 in the US.

Imports listed to the US of formulated capsules were available on Zauba: https://www.zauba.com/import-enzalutamide-hs-code.html. Although there is a lot of variability in size/pricing of shipments to various countries, the typical prize per box to the US (box of 112 x 40 mg capsules = 28 days dosing at 4 capsules/day) was listed as INR 19,526 or approximately $310/month.

Kind regards,
Joe

Sent from Mail for Windows 10