[Ip-health] Pfizer asked USTR to block Malaysia requirement on drug price transparency. September 2018

Thiru Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Wed Nov 28 07:23:24 PST 2018

https://www.keionline.org/29272
Pfizer asked USTR to block Malaysia requirement on drug price transparency.
September 2018

Posted on November 28, 2018 <https://www.keionline.org/29272> by James Love
<https://www.keionline.org/author/james-love>

KEI has received Pfizer and USTR emails and a Pfizer briefing memo to USTR
from September 2017, asking the USTR to block a Malaysia Requirement to
disclose drug prices.

The documents were obtained under a Freedom of Information request to USTR.
This is a two page PDF file for three emails and the one page briefing
document that Pfizer provided to the USTR.

FOIA-USTR-Pfizer-FY18-94-95
<https://www.keionline.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/FOIA-USTR-Pfizer-FY18-94-95.pdf>
------------------------------
>From MacSlarrow, Jasper (@pfizer.com)
Sep 8, 2017, at 7:58 PM,
RE: Meeting today

Karl – great speaking with you today. Appreciate your interest and
willingness to engage our issues in the region.

I will get back to you with some more detail about the Malaysia situation.
And let’s definitely stay in touch – I like the idea of doing a call every
now and then. I will also likely be in WADC in December. As soon as I know
my details I’ll let you know and perhaps we can find some time to meet.

Safe travels – will see you soon.

Jasper
Jasper MacSlarrow International Public Affairs – Asia | Pfizer | Hong Kong