[Ip-health] Malawi Nation newspaper on TB

Colleen Daniels colleen at cdglobalconsult.com
Tue Oct 16 19:05:17 PDT 2018

Hi all,
You might be interested in seeing the Exclusive on TB (attached) from the
Malawi Nation newspaper which was in print this past Sunday, October 14,
2018.

In February 2018, SALC, KELIN, HIV Justice Worldwide, UNAIDS, ARASA, STP
and UNDP held a workshop, *Lawyers for HIV & TB Justice* and included
journalists. Brian Citro, Dr. Tom Boyles and I conducted the trainings on
TB and it is really great to see some of the impact.

Hopefully, this means that donors will see the value in funding human
rights work, especially the Nairobi Strategy, and continuing the work
started by the Africa Regional Grant on HIV: Removing Legal Barriers. We
can't afford to let human rights be dropped from any agenda.

Nairobi Strategy:
(http://www.stoptb.org/assets/documents/communities/Nairobi_Strategy_WEB.PDF
)

Cheers,