[Ip-health] OECD background paper on excessive pricing in pharmaceuticals

Chee Yoke Ling yokeling at twnetwork.org
Thu Oct 25 16:41:59 PDT 2018

Dear Suerie

Thanks for sharing this - the use of competition law as a remedy for excessive pricing and abuse of patents is an important area that really needs more attention. Will certainly look at this OECD paper more closely.

The Malaysian Competition Commission undertook a pharmaceutical sector market review in 2017 and Fred Abbott's work really helped us:  http://mycc.gov.my/sites/default/files/media-review/Market%20Review%20on%20Pharmaceutical%20Sector.pdf

Best,
Yoke Ling

Chee Yoke Ling
Director of Programmes