[Ip-health] My blog on the WIPO / IFPMA medicines patent database

Thiru Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Thu Sep 27 06:53:46 PDT 2018

At 28th session (http://www.wipo.int/edocs/mdocs/scp/en/scp_28/scp_28_11.pdf)
of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Patents (SCP), the SCP agreed
that the 29th session of the SCP (3 December 2018 to 6 December 2018) would
convene the following conference:

"A half-day conference on publicly accessible databases on patent
information status and data, on medicines and vaccines, will be held at
SCP/29, taking into consideration the issues addressed in paragraphs 18 and
19 of the Annex to document SCP/24/4 (Proposal by the African Group for a
Work Program on Patents and Health)".

In addition, WIPO will  "invite practitioners to share their experience on
negotiating licensing agreements at SCP/29, giving particular attention to
paragraph 20.a of Annex to document SCP/24/4 (Proposal by the African Group
for a Work Program on Patents and Health)."

Thiru