[Ip-health] Privatization of Brazilian patent office

Pedro Villardi pedro at abiaids.org.br
Fri Dec 20 12:57:51 PST 2019

Dear all,

I am writing to denounce the proposal by the Ministry of Economy to
privatize the Brazilian patent office - INPI.

Apparently, the head of INPI said it will not happen after several strong
reactions from the many stakeholders.

Nevertheless, we remain mobilize and ask solidarity from international
partners. Right now, we would like to ask technical documents to push this
back: failed experiences, evidence showing that privatizing patent offices
is a bad idea and why.

This is GTPI's statement:

http://deolhonaspatentes.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/GTPI-Statment-Brazil-Patent-Office.pdf

Best,