[Ip-health] Repost: Reminder: Announcement of the next English language WHO Technical Briefing Seminar on Essential Medicines and Health Products.

SPRUNKEN, Judith sprunkenj at who.int
Mon Jul 15 05:03:57 PDT 2019

This is a reminder of the application deadline for the next English language WHO Technical Briefing Seminar on Essential Medicines and Health Products Policies. Applications are welcomed until August 31st, 2019. We encourage you to share this announcement with your network.

WHO Technical Briefing Seminar on Essential Medicines and Health Products Policies. Geneva, 04 - 08 November 2019.

>From November 4 to 8, 2019, a one-week Technical Briefing Seminar on Essential Medicines and Health Products Policies, will be organized by WHO's Department of Essential Medicines and Health Products (EMP). The seminar will take place in Geneva, Switzerland.

Similar briefing seminars have been held annually since 1998.

More information, as well as links to previous seminars, can be found here: https://www.who.int/medicines/technical_briefing/tbs/en/

Applications open on June 20th, 2019. You can find the electronic application form, here: https://www.who.int/medicines/technical_briefing/formulaire/en/

The closing date for applications will be August 31st, 2019.

Early applications are encouraged for people from countries who need to apply for Schengen visas.

As in previous seminars, the programme will include updates on a range of topics, including Access and Rational Use of Health Technologies; Health Technologies Assessment and Universal Health Coverage; National Medicines Policies and Health Systems; National Supply Chains; Building Regulatory Capacities; Prequalification of Medicines and Health Technologies; global issues and emerging challenges related to access to medical products of quality; the WHO strategy for working with countries and partnership; and information resources.

A detailed programme will be made available on the webpage.

The seminar is aimed at national government officials working on pharmaceutical policies; WHO and other UN staff working on Access to Medicines and Health Technologies programmes; staff members of NGOs and pharmaceutical companies; and academics.

Every year a mixture of participants is selected, to ensure active participation and discussion in all sessions.

The PowerPoint slides and the resource documents used during the sessions, are made available to all participants and posted on the website.

The seminar will be facilitated by Dr. Christophe Rerat, and other senior staff members at WHO, with input from country programme officers and advisers.

Participation in the seminar is free of charge, but participants will have to arrange for and finance their own travel, board and lodging.

For more information, please contact Dr. Christophe Rerat: reratc at who.int<mailto:reratc at who.int>