[Ip-health] Fwd: Join Doctors for America for Drug Pricing Webinar on June 11th

Reshma Ramachandran reshmagar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 09:23:46 PDT 2019

Hey everyone,

On the behalf of Doctors for America, we would like to invite you to an
upcoming online discussion on the current drug pricing debate in Congress
and ideas for action this summer. On the call will be a great set of
speakers including Claire McAndrew from Families USA, Afton Cissell from
Representative Lloyd Doggett's office, and Dr. Aaron Kesselheim from
Harvard's Program on Regulation, Therapeutics, And Law (PORTAL). Further
information about the webinar and speakers can be found below.

Please join us next Tuesday (June 11th) and share this event with your
networks. We look forward to hearing you and your colleagues on the call!

All the best,
Reshma

[image: Doctors for America]
<http://action.drsforamerica.org/?e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=1>

Reshma --
*Take action to ensure fair drug pricing!*

Across the political spectrum and all across the country, our patients are
telling Congress, “*Do something* about the high cost of prescription
drugs!” Momentum toward real action is building in Washington, D.C.

Policymakers on both sides of the aisle have proposed solutions, but the
pharmaceutical industry lobby is blocking these ideas from becoming a
reality.

We need to join our patients in asking for real change. As physicians, we
witness the struggles our patients face trying to pay for the lifesaving
drugs they need. We have an opportunity this summer to make a difference.

*Join us in this interactive webinar for crucial updates on the state of
prescription drug affordability debates in Congress, and on important
actions YOU can take this summer.*

*TUESDAY, JUNE 119:00PM Eastern / 6:00PM Pacific*
Click here to register!
<https://action.drsforamerica.org/r?u=d-hT25nTzrVvfkAdmGmaWhd0ImWKa7C2g-OCj1vZZ9pGsoXg66ba9PrAsDhhI1TDm0g76JTKVkj4UWB0BdR2BA&e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=2>

*Featured speakers include:*

*Claire McAndrew* is the Director of Campaigns and Partnerships at Families
USA, which is leading the Coalition for Fair Drug Prices, a national
collaborative of which DFA is a founding member. Claire oversees strategic
advocacy focused on the organization’s mission to ensure high quality,
affordable health care and improved health for all. Her portfolio includes
federal and state advocacy to protect and improve coverage. She also
oversees Families USA’s national programs on prescription drug costs and
surprise medical bills.

*Afton Cissell* serves as Senior Counsel to Congressman Lloyd Doggett,
Chairman of the House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee. In her current
role, Afton oversees the House Affordable Prescription Drug Task Force and
the health subcommittee’s work. She was previously a Staff Attorney with
the National Health Law Program. Afton received her J.D. from Harvard Law
School and B.S. from New York University.

*Aaron Kesselheim, MD JD MPH*, is Assoc. Professor of Medicine at Harvard
Medical School and a faculty member in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology
and Pharmacoeconomics in the Dept. of Medicine at Brigham and Women’s
Hospital. Dr. Kesselheim created and leads the Program on Regulation,
Therapeutics, And Law (PORTAL), a research core focusing on intersections
among prescription drugs and medical devices, patient health outcomes, and
regulatory practices and the law.

Click to Register!
<https://action.drsforamerica.org/r?u=d-hT25nTzrVvfkAdmGmaWhd0ImWKa7C2g-OCj1vZZ9pGsoXg66ba9PrAsDhhI1TDm0g76JTKVkj4UWB0BdR2BA&e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=3>

Doctors for America
<http://action.drsforamerica.org/?e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=4>
http://action.drsforamerica.org/
<http://action.drsforamerica.org/?e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=5>
Donate
<https://action.drsforamerica.org/donate?e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=6>

Doctors for America
<https://action.drsforamerica.org/r?u=QI0f5cNvww0BNzVqs-UAU-E3mugf8qq0SaMtNVcl4dE&e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=7>
· 1921 Florida Ave NW, PO Box 53313, Washington, DC 20009, United States
This email was sent to reshmagar at gmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click
here
<https://action.drsforamerica.org/unsubscribe?e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=8>.

Created with NationBuilder
<https://action.drsforamerica.org/r?u=SWqLExi-4iBlEOa5qgO58jA2d62deOsOLwOgchKDecY&e=58e3b9628ef8fd62c48e7e576659380d&utm_source=drsforamerica&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rx_call_to_action_11june2019&n=9>,
software for leaders.
--
*Reshma Ramachandran, MD MPP*
PGY-2, Family Medicine