[Ip-health] Invitation to the FTA-medicines-empirics email list

Michael Palmedo mpalmedo at wcl.american.edu
Tue May 7 07:53:42 PDT 2019

Dear IP-Health List Members:

I am writing to invite you to join a new email list:  FTA-medicines-empirics. Its purpose is promote the empirical study of the impact TRIPS-Plus FTAs (and FTA provisions) have had on access to health goods. This includes pharmaceuticals, vaccines, diagnostics, etc.

The FTA-medicines-empirics list grows out of a workshop on the topic hosted by Deb Gleeson, Susan Sell and myself in the days leading up to the Fifth Global Congress on on IP and the Public Interest. We just launched the list last week with the roster of people who signed up for the list at the workshop. As the list membership grows, we hope it can serve as a network-building tool among those who want to study the issue and/or use empirical evidence in policy debates.

Any member of FTA-medicines-empirics can post to the list.

To sign up, visit https://tinyurl.com/fme-subscribe

To view the archives, visit https://tinyurl.com/fme-archives

Sincerely,
Mike Palmedo

--
Michael Palmedo
Assistant Director, Interdisciplinary Research