[Ip-health] The Telegraph and Guardian articles on UK opposition to transparency resolution

James Cole James at stopaids.org.uk
Wed May 29 10:46:00 PDT 2019

Dear all,

My name is James and I work on access to medicines at STOPAIDS.

Given the UK's shameful attempts to block and then later disassociate themselves from the Transparency Resolution, we are working with other UK partners and parliamentarians to hold them accountable. We want to make sure they no longer block measures for greater transparency of the R&D system.

National newspapers including the The Guardian<https://t.co/RcYSSzh35f> and The Telegraph<https://t.co/JYHJKdOwtM> have also run stories on the UK's opposition to the transparency resolution, with civil society quoted in both.

To help put more pressure on UK Gov, please do share with your networks or RT one of our posts (Guardian<https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/may/28/uk-refuses-to-back-game-changing-resolution-on-drug-pricing> Tweet and Telegraph<https://twitter.com/STOPAIDS/status/1133728053379641345> Tweet).

UK civil society have prepared this statement<https://stopaids.org.uk/2019/05/28/stopaids-statement-on-the-wha-italian-transparency-resolution/>..

Thanks,
James