[Ip-health] NYT: Who Owns H.I.V.-Prevention Drugs? The Taxpayers, U.S. Says

Peter Maybarduk pmaybarduk at citizen.org
Fri Nov 8 08:50:00 PST 2019

One more on this topic. Good summary by Don McNeil of the HHS v. Gilead lawsuit unveiled this week, and some of the work and political pressure that contributed to it. -Peter

>From The New York Times: Who Owns H.I.V.-Prevention Drugs? The Taxpayers, U.S. Says

In an unexpected lawsuit, federal officials claim that Gilead Sciences willfully disregarded government patents on medicines necessary to end the AIDS epidemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/08/health/hiv-prevention-truvada-patents.html