[Ip-health] Want Vaccines Fast? Suspend Intellectual Property Rights

Dean Baker dean.baker1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 7 07:44:28 PST 2020

This is of course true, but there is a chicken and egg problem. No one
will develops the manufacturing capacity if they don't expect to have
the rights to produce the vaccine. At this date, we are late in the
game, but there are undoubtedly facilities that can be converted to
manufacture the available vaccines, if IP was not a problem.