[Ip-health] Want Vaccines Fast? Suspend Intellectual Property Rights

George Carter gmcfiar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:26:43 PST 2020

I’d say that enabling technology is stymied by the added capricious, arbitrary and cruel pricing strategies hiding behind IP laws and regulations. Thus, while you’re correct that technology (often ALSO suffering from IP blockades) is a downstream effect of the fiscal rape and consequent economic genocide that hides behind IP privileges.

Not to mention the opacity surrounding technologies and manufacturing proceses as with the vaccines (oops big words, sorry Rudy…no vaccine for you). So I’d amplify your point that we also need utter transparency

Finally, it shocks me NIAID and the UK and EU REFUSE to do head-to-head randomized trials of the vaccines as they roll out, as Andrew Hill has suggested. Especially given this is a new technology and these vaccines are mostly unapproved (though approval should be predicated on the often ignored promises to undertake phase IV studies).
George M. Carter