[Ip-health] Alan Story: A patented Covid-19 vaccine could price out millions | Green World

Paul Fehlner pfehlner at revisiontx.com
Sun May 10 17:19:13 PDT 2020

If vaccine funders like Gates Foundation, the EU consortium, and others (I’m not expecting the USG to support access over profit, but you never know) insist on contributing the fruit of funded research to the COVID-19 technology pool, and the pool organization requires re-contribution as a condition for accessing the pool — that is, a Linux-style open innovation platform — the pool could be hugely successful. If the funders don’t care, the pool will achieve a shadow of its potential.

Paul Fehlner

Sent from my iPhone