[Ip-health] Gilead Remdesivir Licenses: Half measures are not nearly good enough

Baker, Brook b.baker at northeastern.edu
Wed May 13 07:47:49 PDT 2020

Joel is right that the relative effectiveness of remdesivir is still to be confirmed.  Moreover, remdesivir is currently only available as an infusion, which makes its applicability in LMICs much less promising for mass use.  However, getting started early on issuing compulsory licenses is not the same as committing to full-scale implementation of the CL and treatment of the population before adequate proof of safety/efficacy is established.