[Vaccine-manufacturing] Teva Abandons Search to Make Covid-19 Vaccine for Partners

James Love james.love at keionline.org
Wed Apr 28 12:08:59 PDT 2021

ht/Brook

https://www.bloomberglaw.com/

Teva Abandons Search to Make Covid-19 Vaccine for Partners

Yaacov Benmeleh

April 28, 2021, 12:11 PM

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. has stopped searching for opportunities
to produce Covid-19 vaccines for a developer partner, according to the
generic drug giant’s chief executive officer, who said the vaccine makers
have already secured needed manufacturing capacity.

Chief Executive Officer Kare Schultz said in February that Teva was in
discussions with top-tier shot makers about helping with production and
distribution. Those talks ended after the companies clinched other
manufacturing agreements and determined they had sufficient capacity to
meet targets, he said Wednesday.

“We really wanted to help if we could,” Schultz told Bloomberg in an
interview. “The companies with vaccines that we were in contact with, they
went for classic contract manufacturers, or they went with big pharma
companies for partnerships.”

. ..