[A2k] 'Secret' patent review system raises innovation concerns - CNET

"Gérald Sédrati-Dinet (Gibus)" gibus at april.org
Thu Dec 4 13:16:35 PST 2014

Le 04/12/2014 21:51, Elizabeth Rajasingh a écrit :
> The following story about the USPTO "Sensitive Application Warning System
> (SAWS)" notes that the patents with potientially "pioneering" or "broad"
> scope are tagged for additional review.

Thanks for this! It's quite funny to see, at the same time on the
European side of the Atlantic, the "patent microcosm" getting crazy
about a strike initiated by civil servants of the European Patent Office.

See
<http://ipkitten.blogspot.fr/2014/12/in-suspense-about-european-patent.html>
and previous posts linked in this one...

Apparently, US patent microcosm is mad about USPTO delaying to much the
granting of patents, while European patent microcosm is mad about EPO
examiners refusing to shorten examination delays.

Wouldn't such a dialectic movement be a sign that whatever way you take
the patent system, it is about to explode? Or maybe I'm too much
optimistic as christmas draws near?

--
Gérald Sédrati-Dinet
http://pascontent.sedrati-dinet.net     http://www.april.org