[A2k] Intergroup on Common goods and public services at EP

Silke Helfrich silke.helfrich at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 14:36:45 PST 2014

Dear Gaelle,

sounds tricky, as "common goods" and "commons" are two different things.
So I wonder how we could inform an EP-intergroup for "Common goods and
public services" about the commons (Commons, from my point of view, is
not about protecting and ruling a special type of "goods", but about a
differnt culture, a special way of shaping social relationships - that
is - the economy. In short: it's about another paradigm.
and besides that; whenever the commons where ruled from above it ended
up being a tragedy).

Nontheless, keep us up to date, please! It might be an interesting step/
strategy to engage into a political debate about the commons.

All the best
Silke