[A2k] New blog item on access to information for developing countries

Alberto Cerda alberto at derechosdigitales.org
Mon Dec 29 15:36:55 PST 2014

Hi there,
I do agree that the Appendix of the Berne Convention is an unworkable piece
of law for any country, among other reasons, because of its bureaucratic
rules and significant limitations.
However, I have conflicting feelings about the need to update it to digital
environment. It seems to me that the current text of the Appendix uses a
technologically neutral language and it is perfectly applicable to certain
digital technologies already, which may provide for certain usefulness.
I wrote a short piece on the Appendix of the Berne Convention
<http://journal.csusa.org/archive/v60-04-SilvaFinalCPY403> time ago that
may be of your interest.
Glad to have a talk about some mechanisms for providing a solution for
developing communities.
Best,
A.

Alberto Cerda Silva
ONG Derechos Digitales

Skype: alberto.cerda
Linkedin: alberto-cerda-silva
<http://cl.linkedin.com/pub/alberto-cerda-silva/5b/363/295/>
Twitter: @albertocerda
<https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Falbertocerda%2Fstatus%2F441324481626136576%3Frefsrc%3Demail&t=1&sig=b8aa5eab76d26463b9ddd33bb616e8336753fce6&iid=4443b14456ea4a23ac9070792052986d&uid=17542118&nid=5+258>