[Bayh-dole-regulations] Fwd: By 5/4: Call on USTR to stand down on India's efforts to issue compulsory licenses for anti-TB medicines

B Gay bryn.gay at treatmentactiongroup.org
Wed Apr 28 07:17:17 PDT 2021

*Apologies for cross-posting*

URGENT REQUEST: Seeking US allies to support India's use of compulsory
license on essential anti-TB medicines to sign-on *by 5/4*!

Similar to our collective advocacy to support compulsory licenses and
march-in rights in the US, we're calling on the USTR to stand down on
India's use of other TRIPS flexibilities, including compulsory licenses and
patent oppositions on anti-TB meds, bedaquiline and delamanid, to address
rampant TB cases that have increased alongside the critical COVID-19
epidemic. Securing the TB meds supply can save additional lives and
strengthen resources for India's respiratory healthcare facilities. Thanks
for your solidarity!