[Ip-health] Petition on Line - Brazil

Renata Reis renata at abiaids.org.br
Fri Nov 19 06:09:39 PST 2010

Dear All,

Once again First of December is coming, the day chosen to symbolize the
Struggle against AIDS. We chose such a special day to hand over to the
Ministers of STF (acronym in Portuguese for Federal Supreme Court) a
petition that counts on your signature and/or your organization`s. What we
ask in this letter is extremely important to public health of Brazil and
other developing countries: that the STF judges the Direct Action of
Inconstitutionality 4234, declaring pipeline patents inconstituitional.
These patents have withdrawn from the public domain hundreds of essencial
medicines for diseases such as AIDS, Schizophrenia, Cancer, and many others.
Because of these illegitimate patents, people lack access to generic
versions of medicines.

Get involved in this campaign, sign, forward this petition to your network
contact lists! We need to pressure the STF so pipeline patents are declared
inconstitutional as soon as possible!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ADI4234/petition.html

The petition is in english, portuguese and spanish.

Best Regards,
Renata Reis
Grupo de Trabalho sobre Propriedade Intelectual - GTPI/REBRIP
Associação Brasileira Interdisciplinar de AIDS - ABIA
Av. Presidente Vargas, 446/13 andar - Centro
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Brasil
tel 21 2223-1040  fax 21 2253-8495
www.abiaids.org.br