[Ip-health] SAVE THE DATE: Roundtable of the EPWG "Improving Health through Innovation and Access: What can the EU do now to make its commitments real?" European Parliament 27th October 12, 30 - 14, 30

Katy.ATHERSUCH at geneva.msf.org Katy.ATHERSUCH at geneva.msf.org
Mon Oct 11 06:46:04 PDT 2010

SAVE THE DATE

European Parliament Working Group on Innovation, Access to Medicines and
Poverty-Related Diseases
Putting Patients’ Needs First:
Supporting better innovation, access to medicines and healthcare to combat
poverty- related diseases

Making it Happen:
Improving Health through Innovation and Access
What can the EU do now to make its commitments real?

Hosted by MEP Carl Schlyter

European Parliament, Brussels
Room A5E1
27 October 2010 12:30-14:30

The EU Council recognises and has committed to address the global
disparities in access to health care through support for research and
innovation. On this occasion we will discuss with the European Commission –
DG Research what steps the EC should take to implement the Conclusions on
Global Health and the WHO’s Global Strategy and Plan of Action. Research
and innovation mechanisms can be designed at their outset to support access
to the resulting medical innovations for the world’s poor. Topics will
include piloting the development of a Point-of-Care diagnostic tool for
tuberculosis, and how to delink the cost of research and development from
product prices. We will also highlight the need for sustainable funding of
Product Development Partnerships, and the great importance of EU support
for innovation and access/delinking mechanisms within the FP8.

                       Sandwiches will be available

For more information & registration, please email Ep-Accessgroup at msf.org by
the 18th October.

If you need a badge, please provide your date of birth (requested for
security reasons).

Elisa Baldini

Secretariat of the European Parliament Working Group on Innovation, Access
to Medicines and Poverty Related Diseases

EU Liaison Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières
Access to Essential Medicines Campaign
Rue Dupré, 94
1090 Bruxelles
++32 (0) 2 474 75 09 (Dir off)
++ 32 (0) 479 514 900 (Mob)
elisa.baldini at msf.org
www.msfaccess.org

Please note that I work four days a week and that I am off on Fridays.