[Ip-health] Drug quality problems for GSK and BMS

pierchir at club-internet.fr pierchir at club-internet.fr
Wed Oct 27 23:28:27 PDT 2010

Dear all,
More details in the New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/business/27drug.html?pagewanted=2

Glaxo to Pay $750 Million for Sale of Bad Products
(...) This was GlaxoSmithKline's premier manufacturing facility, producing
$5.5 billion of product each year. But Ms. Eckard soon discovered that
quality control was a mess: the water system was contaminated; the air
system allowed for cross-contamination between products; the warehouse was
so overcrowded that rented vans were used for storage; the plant could not
ensure the sterility of intravenous drugs for cancer; and pills of differing
strengths were sometimes mixed in the same bottles. (...)

Pierre Chirac
MSF