[Ip-health] Granted Pharmaceutical Patents in Egypt

Tahir Amin tahir at i-mak.org
Thu Dec 8 13:49:31 PST 2011

As part of ongoing efforts to make patent information for medicines more
transparent, we have completed a preliminary review of pharmaceutical
patents granted in Egypt between 1 January 2005 - 31 December 2010. The
full report and analysis can be downloaded here:

*http://tinyurl.com/82kjknk*

The report is only a preliminary assessment as the full text of the granted
Egyptian patents were not available to us at this time. As such the
analysis was based on corresponding U.S., European and/or international
patent (PCT) documents and whether they related to patents listed for
marketed products on the U.S FDA Orange Book. However, with this initial
information to hand, it is hoped that it will enable users to focus efforts
and resources on obtaining the complete patent documents for those patents
that may be of interest.

The projected was carried out in collaboration with Dina Iskander of the
Egyptian Initiative for personal Rights, as part of her research on the
impact of TRIPS on pharmaceutical patenting in Egypt.

--
Tahir Amin
Co-Founder and Director of IP
Email: tahir at i-mak.org